The Early Childhood Specialist Program by ELCIRMO provides early childhood education centers with professional development and instructional coaching cycles for high quality, standards-based instruction. The coaches help directors develop their own professional learning around developing best educational practices across an early learning center.
The program also focuses on family outreach and events. It is important to teach parents and families how to develop early language skills in the home. The Early Childhood Specialists are focused on developing a school’s passion around literacy education, Kindergarten readiness, and high-quality instruction.
These Florida-certified educators will also be able to support educators with:
- CLASS-focused professional development
- Creating a professional learning community to meet regularly, shares expertise, and works collaboratively
- Understanding the Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards
- Effective thematic lesson planning and use of curriculum
- Shared reading and writing
- Direct letter instruction and phonological awareness through morning message
- Oral language development techniques, such as emergent story books and dialogic reading
- Read-Alouds with effective open-ended questions
If you would like more information, please contact the Early Childhood Specialists at 1-877-220-1223 or email:
- Andrea Asciutto, Lead Early Childhood Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicala Tyo, Early Childhood Specialist, at email@example.com
- Rhiannon Kump, Early Childhood Program Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org