School Readiness – Early Learning Coalition of Indian River, Martin & Okeechobee Counties Skip to main content
ELCIRMO will be closed September 28th beginning at noon. ELCIRMO seeks comments on Coalition Annual Plan:
  • Hours of Operation
  • Monday – Friday 8:00AM- 5:00PM
TOLL FREE NUMBER 1-877-220-1223 (OR) 772-220-1220
  • Decrease font size
  • Default font size
  • Increase font size
  • Dark theme
  • Light theme

School Readiness

PARENTS | School Readiness

School Readiness

You can submit an application for School Readiness via the Family Portal


The School Readiness program provides child care assistance to qualified families with financial assistance for child care through a variety of services. The program provides parents with access to high quality early care and education while they are working to become financially self-sufficient. Parents are provided with information on child development, as well as parental engagement opportunities that incorporate parents as their child’s first teacher. Childcare services include extended-day, extended-year, and school age care to support parents in becoming financially self-sufficient.

Each school readiness program provides a developmental screening for children and referrals to specific health and educational specialists. These services work in cooperation with other programs for young children such as Head Start, Early Head Start, and the Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) program.

To learn about eligibility criteria for the School Readiness program and/or to access Child Care Resource and Referral services, please contact our Family Services staff at 772-220-1220. Florida’s Office of Early Learning Child Care Resource Referral Network can also provide assistance and can be contacted at 1-866-357-3239.

pdf document logo Florida School Readiness Program Fact Sheet

Apply Online

This state funded program requires clients to be working 20 hours weekly or attending school. Applying for child care assistance is a two-part process. Once your application and documents are received, we will communicate with you via e-mail regarding the status of your application. Because of our limited capacity, our waiting list is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please update your waiting list information every 6 months to keep your application active.

Complete the child care assistance application for the school readiness program at

Once you receive an email/call for a placement interview, it is very important that you have selected a child care provider and that you gather all necessary documents needed for a successful interview. Contact Child Care Resource and Referral to receive FREE information on quality early care and education programs to help fit your needs! Call 772-220-1220.

You will need to bring the following documentation for your intake appointment:

  • Birth Certificates for ALL CHILDREN IN THE HOME (State issued)
  • Photo ID or Passport – Driver’s license or other government issued photo ID
  • Proof of Residency within Indian River, Martin or Okeechobee Counties
  • Current residential address [the address on the document cannot be a Post Office box]
  • Utility bill, rental/lease agreement, Government-issued document with current address such as driver’s license, photo ID card, voter’s registration card, property tax showing homestead exemption or ELC Certificate of Residence form – plus landlord’s current proof of residence (as listed above)
  • 4 weeks of current and consecutive pay stubs. For semi-monthly or monthly pay periods, submit two months of pay periods.
  • Pay stubs or a printout from current employer of gross wages or If paid in cash/business check or on the job for less than 6 weeks- a written statement (preferably on company letterhead), including number of weekly hours, hourly income/salary, supervisor’s name/signature & phone number or ELC Verification of Employment form will be accepted
  • SELF-EMPLOYED: Current year tax return or 1099 and accounting records with work calendar showing hours worked for the last 4 consecutive current weeks (Review “self-employment income documentation” sheet)
  • Proof of child support income – 4 consecutive current weeks (
  • Current child support printout or letter from parent stating how much is paid monthly. Must have address, phone & signature of parent paying support.
  • Emails, with required information are acceptable
  • Food Stamps [document showing current monthly amount received and household members] (
  • Printout from DCF showing TANF/Relative Caregiver Payments (
  • Unemployment/Wages Transcript ( 1-800-204-2418
  • Social Security and/or Disability documents
  • ELC Disability form
  • Current award Letter from the Social Security Administration
  • Veteran’s benefits
  • Proof of Divorce/Separation
  • Letter from a 3rd party stating your partner no longer resides in the home; must contain the name, address, phone number, signed & dated by the person making the statement.
  • Finalized court judgment
  • Separate utility bill or Most recent filed Income Tax return
  • Student documentation with paid receipt
  • School Schedule and Financial Aid Statement [Loans & Grants]
  • Maternity leave documentation
  • ELC disability form and a written statement from current employer (preferably on company letterhead) that states the last day at work due to maternity leave and the expected date of return

Depending on your circumstances, additional documentation may be required.

NOTE: Any information that is not presented at the time of your Early Learning Coalition appointment could delay receiving child care services or could result in your child(ren) being placed on the wait list.

Coalition services are based on eligibility & the availability of funds – services are not an entitlement.

WordPress Video Lightbox
back to top button